We are able to provide the following information for each of the target distributors/dealers (existing or potential):
- Key financials per last 3-5 years
- Organizational structure
- Sale and servicing organization
- Distributed products/services, brands
- Territorial structure, branches/offices
- Domestic & export markets
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Sale strategies (rebates, marketing support, sales support)
- Plans for the next 5-7 years
- Key customers
- Pricing policy
- Key decision maker(s)
- SWOT analysis
- Benchmarking (cost, price, performance, efficiency, etc.)
- Company’s reputation
- Market-entry and penetration strategies
In many cases our clients ask us to find them appropriate distributors in the market. First of all we collect data of companies which potentially could be interested in starting co-operation with our client. This is based mainly on desk research, sometime - if we are not sure whether for example company X is not our client's competitor by any chance - we do a short call to them.
The next phase, conducted after client's approval, considers contacting the listed companies and trying to establish:
- Who is the person responsible for the new products,
- What are the first impressions about co-operation offer,
- When to contact again.
All companies that have received the offer should be called again within 7-10 days. If the person has not decided yet we should check what are the reasons for lack of the decision. It is possible that our offer was incomplete, target company has some questions or our offer was simply forgotten or lost. In such case our action is required.
The marketing phase of the project finishes with having a short list of companies which are (1) the best candidates for becoming a distributor (2) that are interested in cooperation with our client. The companies are be presented to the client in the form of a report containing profiles of presented companies, contact data and our recommendations. Data needed to prepare such a report are collected in secondary and primary sources, sometime we visit the company in case we have not found enough good quality information about them in checked sources.