Service Terms & Conditions
We (“Company”) provide services and products to you (“Customer”), subject to the following terms. Please read them carefully.
Company reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time. Updated versions of the Terms of Service will appear on this website and are effective immediately. The project agreements signed prior to the Terms of Service update have force over such updates. Company reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time. Updated versions of the Terms of Service will appear on this website and are effective immediately. The project agreements signed prior to the Terms of Service update have force over such updates.
1. The Customer may order bespoke services and products with Company in one of the following ways:
- To send a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) either as an e-mail message or as an e-mail attachment (PDF, Word, PPT or image file); this is the preferable method for communicating us with any RFP
- To call us; however a) we do not provide price quotes or timeframe estimations during the phone conversations, and b) at the end of our conversation we’ll ask you to provide a written RFP with e-mail; thus phone call is not “quicker” than communicating us with e-mail
2. We kindly ask our customers to provide RFP that contain at least the following information:
- Description of the information (service) required, including project objectives, market and country (region) scope, information to be developed (or services to be provided)
- Required deliverables (including format of the files with information)
- Other information that may impact the project
Note: Of course, if any of these items are unclear or unknown at the moment of sending us RFP (for instance, it’s hard to describe “information to be developed” if you do not know exactly what information on a particular market may be found and provided with us, etc.) – do not worry, send us what you have by now, and we’ll do all the best to clarify and agree with you these unclear/unknown items.
3. Company usually replies with a Proposal in 2-3 working days, but if it’s urgently we may reply in 1 day and even few hours (please do not forget to mark your RFP as “urgent” so we know we need to reply very quickly). We always send our proposal (price quote) only with e-mail.
4. We send our proposals (price quotes) in one of the following forms:
- As part of e-mail message (default option)
- As structured document done in accordance with our own Proposal Template – if you directly ask us to provide proposal (price quote) in such form; we have various templates – in Word, PDF and PPT – so please indicate which one you prefer (Word document is a default option)
- As structured document done in accordance with your Proposal Template – if you directly ask us to provide proposal (price quote) in such form; please do not forget to send us the template together with the RFP (we may use your template for making proposals at your recurring requests); please agree with us previously that we may use the template in a specific file format (we can easily work with Word, PPT, PDF, Excel files but if you use any other format for your templates we need to decide if we can work with it)
- Proposal done as document will be attached to our reply e-mail or (if the file size exceeds 5 Mb) uploaded in the server for your direct download
- We may upload the proposal document in our server and provide you a link for direct download
- If you require we use your server for file exchange please provide us complete instructions on the server access, including authentication (login and password) with upload rights
5. Our standard Proposal contains the following information:
- Project objectives and scope (markets and countries/regions)
- Information to be provided (a detailed description)
- Project methodology
- Information sources
- Description for the workgroup (team that will do the job)
- Timeframe, including interim stages, finalization and follow-ups
- Charges, including professional fees and expenses; payment schedule
- Time period when the proposal is valid
- Company’s contact person for the particular proposal
Company is a direct vendor (service provider) in most projects, directly servicing the end-customers. However sometimes we may hire sub-contractors or enter the "project consortiums" to make global projects that cover various markets, including those we are not presenting in; in such cases we also provide the following information (as part of a proposal):
- Who is the service provider (i.e. which entity will enter the contract agreement with a client)
- Our legal status in a project (service provider; sub-contractor; member of consortium)
- If sub-contractors hired with us - information about such sub-contractors
- If project consortium will be launched - information about consortium members and who is consortium's manager
- Read more about how we do projects of the different regional scale here
- The same approach (sub-contracting, consortium or any other form of a partnership) may be used to cover industries we are not working in
6. Proposal discussion:
- We prefer to discuss proposal with e-mail, to have the discussion records
- Even if we discuss something by phone we then need to exchange the written statements with e-mail
- If necessary we update our proposal and send it (as proposal’s revisions # 1, 2 etc.)
7. Project authorization:
- We always require a written authorization of the project with the customer; even if you authorize it at the phone conversation we’ll ask you to confirm it in a written form
- It may be done by sending us a document with a direct statement that your company (or you as individual) authorizes the particular project to be done with Company
- Such document may be presented with a plain e-mail message or with a separate file (attached to e-mail)
- Authorization must be done with a reference to a specific proposal’s terms; it may be done as a) as e-mail message that replies our mail with proposal text (i.e. it’s necessary the proposal text and your authorization to be in the same message); or as b) e-mail message or attached document that directly refers the specific proposal (i.e. something like “we authorize a project to be done in accordance with the terms of Company’s proposal dated …”); or as c) authorization statement and signature in the proposal document
8. After we have your authorization we may go further in one of the following ways:
- You do not need any additional documents to be signed prior to a project’s start: in such case we just start the job
- You need a formal agreement (contract) to be signed: in such case we may use either our agreement template or your one; please inform us directly that you need the formal agreement and whose template to be used
- If you select to use our template for the agreement we’ll fill it with the project-specific details and send the draft for your authorization; usually it takes 1-2 working days to prepare the draft
- If you prefer to use your own template for the agreement please send it together with authorization letter or earlier; we need 1-2 working days to read your document, to agree with it or to provide our notes/update suggestions
- After we agree the text of the agreement we exchange with signed copies; usually we post the original copies with regular mail and send a copy with e-mail (as scanned image); if you want to receive the original copies faster we can send them with courier service – in such case the cost of the delivery to be added to our bill
9. Confidentiality and privacy during the project may be regulated in one of the following ways:
- We have general rules for the Privacy published in http://ignatov.biz/privacypolicy.html; if these rules are enough for you no other actions are required
- We may include the confidentiality and privacy statements in a text of project agreement
- We may also sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) that will regulate our relations in a part of confidentiality and privacy – not only during the specific project but also during other projects (if any)
- If you prefer to use NDA we may use either our agreement template or your one; please inform us directly that you need the formal NDA and whose template to be used
- If you select to use our template for the NDA we’ll send the draft for your authorization; usually it takes 1 working day to prepare the draft
- If you prefer to use your own template for the NDA please send it together with authorization letter or earlier; we need 1-2 working days to read your document, to agree with it or to provide our notes/update suggestions
- After we agree the text of the NDA we exchange with signed copies; usually we post the original copies with regular mail and send a copy with e-mail (as scanned image); if you want to receive the original copies faster we can send them with courier service – in such case the cost of the delivery to be added to our bill; if the NDA is signed before the authorization of any project (and thus the possibility exists that you’ll not go further with the project and we’ll not bill you) we can send the NDA with courier delivery only after you agreed to compensate us the cost of the delivery services (otherwise we send it with regular post)
- Our charges usually consists of “professional fee” and “expenses”
- Professional fee covers: the cost of job with our team; cost of desk sources (like databases access fee, etc.)
- We quote professional fee in the proposal
- Professional fee may be counted in different ways depending on the project: a) fixed fee per project; b) hourly fee (usually used for consulting projects); c) fee per interview (if we do survey job); d) fee per specific action or data set (for instance, fee for financials with any particular company)
- We always count the total fixed fee for Market Research and Company Intelligence projects – based on the planned number of interviews, estimated duration of the project, etc. – i.e. we always quote our clients some particular fee at Market Research and Company Intelligence; of course this fee covers some particular volume of job (defined with “information to be developed” section of the proposal) done in some particular time – and if a customer wants to change the volume or timeframe we usually change the budget for a project
- Consulting projects assume hourly fee to be taken, however sometimes we use fixed budget (based on estimation for the project duration – if it is possible to do at the quoting stage)
- In most cases we require 100% or partial advanced payment to be done
- In addition to professional fees we usually require the expenses reimbursement; we include the following project-related expenses to our reimbursement bill – communications with a customer (i.e. video/teleconferences cost); travel costs if a customer requires personal meeting/presentation with our staff (flight, accommodation, transfers, meals, etc.); translation costs (translation of legislative and technical documents, including national standards; we usually include info on the regulation background in our reports but literal translation of the regulation documents requires cost compensation)
- If a customer requires personal meeting/presentation we usually also require professional daily fee to be paid (counted at “man-day” basis, depending on number of our employees participating the meeting)
- If a consulting project refers regulation background we do translation of the regulation documents as part of the main job (that is paid with main professional fee), in such case we do not require translation cost additional reimbursement (this is applied only to a pre-agreed set of the documents; translation of any additional documents required with a client to be paid separately)
- Currently we accept two payment methods - a) Wire Transfer (payment in our bank account); and b) Credit/Debit Card payment
11.1. Wire Transfer. This payment method is applicable to any project. It's the only payment method applicable to payments that exceed $400.
- To make a Wire Transfer we send you our signed invoice (as a PDF file via e-mail); by your request we may send the hard signed copy of the invoice with regular post; we also can send it with courier delivery – in such a case you to pay courier delivery fee
- Our invoice contains our bank account information for Wire Transfer
- Customer has to pay the total sum indicated in an invoice to Company’s bank account. Note that we have two different accounts for US dollars and Euro funds transfer. Choose the proper account according to the currency you will pay in. If you want to pay in the currency other than US Dollars or Euros - contact us for details.
- Our invoices don't contain any bank charges that must be paid to your bank and intermediating bank(s) for Wire Transfer transactions. It's necessary that we receive the exact total sum indicated in any invoice. If your bank and/or intermediating bank(s) withdraw any commission and we receive the sum less than indicated in an invoice, we add this charge to the next invoice (or send you a separate invoice for that charge).
- Customer should indicate invoice number in the Wire Transfer document.
11.2. Credit/Debit Card payment. This payment method is applicable only to payments that do not exceed $400.
- Currently the following Credit/Debit Cards may be used for online payments: Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB. Your Debit Card current balance has to be sufficient to make the payment.
- If you select Credit/Debit Card payment method we provide you a direct link for online payment
- Company doesn't directly processes Credit/Debit Cards - all transactions are done via Skrill (Moneybookers) online payment system authorized under UK and EU law and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK. Visit www.moneybookers.com to read more about Skrill (Moneybookers) and how they process your online payments. The main thing you have to know is that your Credit/Debit Card is processed in Skrill (Moneybookers) server not in our server; you enter your Credit/Debit Card information only in Skrill (Moneybookers) account - so we do not have any access to this kind of data. After the payment is complete, the customer is returned to Company’s website and we receive a confirmation with Skrill (Moneybookers) about the payment.
- If you have an account with Skrill (Moneybookers) you may easily proceed with online process - just entering your e-mail associated with Skrill (Moneybookers) account; you will be redirected to Skrill (Moneybookers) website where you may enter your account and make a transaction.
- If you have no an account with Skrill (Moneybookers) - you will be redirected to Skrill (Moneybookers) registration form where you may instantly register your details.
- However if you do not want to set up an account with Skrill (Moneybookers) - you may use Skrill's (Moneybookers') Quick Checkout feature. Quick Checkout allows customers who are making their first transaction with Skrill (Moneybookers) to complete the process without having to register a traditional account and provide a password. If you do Quick Checkout you will be redirected to Skrill's (Moneybookers') website where you complete the transaction by entering Credit/Debit Card information; and again - at Quick Checkout we do not see your Credit/Debit Card data
- At payment with Credit/Debit Card additional commission in 1.82% is taken to cover online processing fee
12. The Terms of Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the British Virgin Islands and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA (London Court of International Arbitration) Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of the LCIA for the purpose of litigating any such action. If any provision(s) of these Terms of Service shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
Company and a customer may select another jurisdiction for law governance/interpretation and arbitration at the specific project – by inclusion of the correspondent statements in the project agreement.
1. Online Products are being sold via Emerging Markets Information Store that is our e-commerce website in http://www.emergingmarketsreports.com/
2. Emerging Markets Information Store has its own Terms of Service in http://www.emergingmarketsreports.com/service_terms.html that regulate the procurement process, payments, product delivery and other items related Online Products
3. Shipment (product delivery) rules with Emerging Markets Information Store are described in http://www.emergingmarketsreports.com/shipment.html
4. We provide Online Products in Emerging Markets Information Store under conditions of Information Product License Agreement that may be found in http://www.emergingmarketsreports.com/product_license.html