Trademark License Agreement
1. General. All our trademarks, logos, service marks, trade dress, slogans, copyrighted designs or other Trademarks (collectively "Trademarks") will be used only as explicitly licensed by us, and only under the terms and conditions and for the purposes described in this License Agreement. The other party to the License Agreement granted by us is referred to as the "Licensee". To the extent they may differ with the general terms below, the specific terms of the License Agreement govern all use of the Trademarks by the License Agreement.
2. Approval. All specific uses of our Trademarks must be approved in advance by us. You may request approval by completing the Request Form, and e-mailing it in services-at-ignatov.biz. You must also include complete samples of each proposed use. We typically review the request and respond within ten (10) business days, but is under no obligation to respond. You may not use Trademarks unless and until we have granted our specific approval and any and all conditions of such approval have been fulfilled by the Licensee.
3. Appearance of Logos. The Licensee will ensure that the presentation of our Trademarks will be consistent with our own use of our Trademarks in comparable media. From time to time during the term of the License, we may provide to Licensee written guidelines as to the size, typeface, colors, and other graphic characteristics of our Trademarks, which upon delivery to the Licensee shall be deemed to be incorporated into the License and into these guidelines.
4. Notices. All trademarks and service marks included in our Trademarks will be designated with "(TM)", "®" or "©" in the manner directed by us.
5. Restrictions upon Use. Our Trademarks will not be presented or used: a) in a manner that suggests that editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of, us or any of our personnel or affiliates; b) in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing or otherwise objectionable; c) in connection with any material that infringes the trademark, copyright or any other rights of any third party; d) as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than our Company; or e) in a manner that infringes, derogates, dilutes, or impairs our rights in the Trademarks. We have complete discretion to evaluate Licensee's use and to decide whether that use violates any of the foregoing restrictions.
6. Use for Our Benefit. Any use of our Trademarks shall inure to our benefit. By using the Trademarks pursuant to our approval, Licensee acknowledges our ownership of all Trademarks and warrants that it will not take any action which is inconsistent with our ownership.
7. Nonexclusive Remedy. The Licensee will make any changes to its use of our Trademarks as are requested by us. This remedy is in addition to any other legal remedies to which we may be entitled in relation to Licensee's use of our Trademarks.
* * *
Request For Use Trademarks
Complete this form, provide the required information and e-mail or fax your request:
1. Exact name and title of organization and/or person requesting permission (prospective "Licensee" of our property), and contact information (e-mail, phone, fax, mailing address).
2. Attach layout/sample of visual that features any of our trademarks, logos, service marks, trade dress, slogans, screen shots, copyrighted designs or other brand features (collectively "Trademarks"). Please note that any material which features any trademarks, logos or copyrighted material (including banners and buttons) from any third party may require that third party's and/or others' specific and additional permission. We make no representation or warranty as to your proposed use of any such material.
3. Specific description of materials in which our trademarks and/or copyrighted materials will appear. Please include:
- Type of work (book, video, etc.) and Title;
- Name all contributing authors and editors of the work;
- Description of content of work (be as specific and thorough as possible; a sample of the work shall be submitted for approval by us;
- Distribution plans for materials (what territory, how many copies, how long will copies be offered for distribution, what are requested channels of distribution);
- Any other questions concerning your request.